Student Visa Extension – Stay Longer

  • Home
  • Student Visa Extension – Stay Longer
Student Visa

Student Visa Extension – Stay Longer

Does your current Australian visa expire soon? You can apply for a further student visa in Australia if your current visa is not subject to a No Further Stay condition and you hold a pre-qualifying visa. Renew your Student Visa with IGP. We can help you extend your Australian stay. IGP is an Australian student agency providing FREE assistance in Australia.

Student Visa Extension

In Australia, to extend your student visa, you have to apply for a new visa before the current one expires. If not, you risk being deported, and it may affect the outcome of your future visa applications.

You can apply onshore or from outside Australia, but the processes are slightly different. If you submit the valid visa application onshore, you will be given a Bridging Visa. This lets you stay in the country while the new visa is processed. If you apply from outside of Australia, you will have to wait for the outcome of the visa before you enter Australia.

Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Step 4 Step 5 Step 6 Step 7
Enroll in your course of choice and arrange an Overseas Student Health Cover
  • you need a Confirmation of Enrolment from your educational institution. IGP Education can help you find the right education provider for the course you would like to study.
  • The Australian government requires you to have health insurance, so you’ll have to continue your existing Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Collect required documents for your student visa application

Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) / Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) /Student personal Documents / Student Academic Documents / Migration agent form 956 / Parental consent if under 18 years old / GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) Letter / Financial capability evidence Documents.

Submit your Australian student visa application

Fill the application form and attach all the relevant documents and lodge your application. You will receive a letter of acknowledgment from the Home Office, and your Bridging Visa.


Applicants may be asked for biometrics right after lodging an application. You will receive a letter in your Immi Account. It is important to act as soon as you receive the letter and instructions as you will be given 14 days to provide biometrics.

Medical examination

You may also need to get health checks done to prove you are in perfect health. If you had a check-up more than a year ago, you need to undergo another health examination. You will be given a HAP number and a referral letter for a clinic. The Medical service will forward the report to the Department of Home Affairs for further assessment.

Hold a valid visa

You will be granted a Bridging visa if you applied for this visa when you were in Australia. The BVA allows you stay in Australia while the visa is processed and commences as soon as your current visa expires.

Application outcome

Once the case officer is assigned to your visa application, he/she might contact you for further information or make the decision on the application without contacting you. If the visa is granted, you need to inform your Australian education provider and make the necessary arrangement for your further accommodation in Australia.

No products in the cart.