Work Visa


Work Visa

It does not matter which country you come from or your visa status; everyone employed in Australia has the same rights and protections at work. Your employer must follow workplace and immigration laws, and this includes paying you the right rate for all the hours you have worked and making sure you have a safe place to work.

Skilled-Recognized Graduate visa (subclass 476)

If you are a recent university engineering graduate, then you may be eligible for the Skilled – Recognized Graduate Visa. This visa allows engineering graduates to live in Australia for 18 months. You have full work rights and can choose your own employer. Institutions with Washington Accord accreditation meet the requirements for this visa, as do a select number of other universities and technical colleges from around the world.

Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485)

The temporary graduate visa allows you to remain in Australia to work after you have finished your studies. The visa has two streams: Graduate Work stream and Post-Study Work stream. The length of your stay will depend on which stream you apply for. It is a good way to extend your stay in Australia to improve your chances of becoming eligible for a permanent or provisional skilled visa.

Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)

If you’re aged between 18 and 30 and hold a passport for a country or region participating in Australia’s Working Holiday Maker program, you may be eligible to apply for a 12-month visa which enables you to work in Australia while you are here. The Working Holiday Maker program has two types of visas Working Holiday visa and Work and Holiday visa depending on your country of residence.

Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)

The Subclass 417 visa allows certain tourists aged between 18 and 30 years old  (inclusive) – and Canadian, French and Irish citizens 18 to 35 years old (inclusive) to have an extended holiday in Australia, while supplementing their funds with short-term work. The visa is valid for 12 months and allows multiple entries into and exits from Australia. Visa holders can generally work for up to six months with any one employer and can study for up to four months. Work up to 12 months for some types of specified work and regional areas may be possible.

Training Visa (subclass 407)

The Training Visa allows Australian companies and government agencies to sponsor applicants to participate in occupational training activities and professional development activities. This visa allows you to work for your sponsor in your job whilst undertaking in a structured training program provided by your employer. The Visa is a temporary visa for applicants wishing to undertake occupational training in Australia.

Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (Subclass 400)

The Highly Specialised Work stream of this temporary visa lets you do short-term, highly specialised work in Australia. It is suitable if you have specialised skills, knowledge or experience not generally available in Australia.

Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (Subclass 403)

A temporary visa to work in specific circumstances that improve Australia’s international relations.

Temporary Activity visa (Subclass 408)

This visa allows you to come to Australia to do specific types of work on a short-term, temporary basis. This is a temporary residence visa for new entrepreneurs. The Supporting Innovation in South Australia (SISA) pilot is seeking to attract promising overseas seed-stage entrepreneurs to develop their concepts in South Australia.

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)

The Employer Nomination Scheme allows eligible Australian employers to sponsor suitably skilled overseas workers to live and work permanently in Australia. The Employer Nomination Scheme is a Permanent Residency visa. Once granted, it allows the holder and family members included in the application to stay in Australia indefinitely.

Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482)

Temporary Skill Shortage Visa enables employers to address labor shortages by hiring skilled workers where they cannot find an appropriately skilled Australian. It facilitates employment of foreign workers to address temporary skill shortages, while ensuring that Australian workers get priority. Temporary Skill Shortage Visa holders can work in Australia in their nominated occupation and may have a pathway to permanent residency.

Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 494)

This Visa allows regional employers to sponsor skilled workers for a full time
Vacancy where employers are unable to source an appropriately skilled Australian worker. There are three streams available under this visa like Employer sponsored stream, Labor Agreement stream, Subsequent entrant.

No products in the cart.