Medical Treatment Visa

  • Home
  • Medical Treatment Visa
Visit Visa

Medical Treatment visa sub class 602

The Medical Treatment Visa is a temporary Visa for people to have medical treatment or medical consultations in Australia or donate an organ or support the person who is having medical treatment in Australia. You can apply for this Visa when you are in or outside Australia.

Sub Class 602


Stay in Australia until the treatment plan or consultations are finished / Be granted single entry or multiple entries to Australia depending on your situation.

Family Members

A separate application must be made for each member of your family, unless they are included in your passport.


The visa costs AUD315 for applicants who apply from within Australia.

Processing Time

You can apply in or outside in Australia.



Intend to have medical treatment in Australia / Intend to donate an organ to someone in Australia / Intend to support a patient who holds or is applying for this visa.

Not hold this visa

If you are in Australia, you must not hold a Temporary Work (International Relations) visa subclass 403.


While you are in Australia, you must have adequate funds to support yourself.


You can be any age


Prepare Your Documents

You need to provide documents to prove the claims you make in your application. Some documents could take some time to obtain. You should have all the required documents ready when you lodge your application to reduce any delays in processing.

After You Have Applied for This Visa

After you lodge your application and documents, the department will let you know that it has received your information. You will receive an acknowledgement letter.

Wait for A Decision

Processing times can be affected by the country you come from and whether you lodge your application in or outside Australia. If you apply for this Visa from outside Australia, do not make arrangements to travel to Australia until you are advised in writing that you have been granted a Visa. If you apply for this Visa while you are in Australia, you could be eligible for a Bridging Visa that allows you to stay in the country lawfully while your application is processed. You should apply for Bridging Visa B (BVB) if you want to travel outside Australia while you wait for a decision.

Provide More Information

You can provide more information to the department, in writing, at any time until a decision is made on the application. The Department could also ask you for more information. You will have to respond by a set date. After that date, the department will make a decision about the application using all the relevant information it has.

Report Changes in Circumstances – You must tell the department if your circumstances change. IGP Australian Visas will assess each application individually and provide extensive checklists consisting of instructions to help you successfully complete the forms required.

No products in the cart.